We will visit the Doka Coffee Estate for a delicious breakfast. Then we will be treated to a coffee tour in an actual coffee plantation where we will learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in Costa Rica and around the world. The careful process involved in the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean will then be illustrated, very hands-on, and then we will savor the delectable product.
After the coffee tour, we will continue to Poás Volcano National Park, where there is a noticeable change in temperature and exuberant vegetation of the cloud forest.
The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre (8,885 ft) stratovolcano. The crater of the volcano is over a mile across and 1050 feet deep. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April, 2017.
After Poás, we will continue to La Paz Waterfall Garden, where we will enjoy a buffet lunch (rated 4 Forks by the Costa Rican Tourism Council) that includes multiple selections of Traditional Costa Rican dishes and much more.
At La Paz Waterfall Gardens we will go through walking trails surrounded by lush tropical rain forest. Here we will appreciate flowing white rivers, spectacular waterfalls, birds, butterflies, monkeys, and hummingbirds. There are also, educational animal exhibits to enjoy such as the Aviary, the Butterfly Observatory, Hummingbird Garden, Serpentarium, Jungle Cats Exhibit, and the Frog Exhibit. This is definitely a tour enjoyed by nature lovers from all ages.
- – Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied 90% refund if cancel 48 hours or more (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- – No refunds for No shows.
*Children (3 – 10 years old): 25% off discount
Children 0-2 years old must pay US$14.00 car seat charge fee
Cancellation Policy for one-day tours
- Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied.
- 90% refund if cancelation is made 48 hours or more prior to the service (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- No refunds for no-shows.
What to bring:
- LIGHT JACKET OR SWEATSHIRT
- WALKING SHOES
- SUN BLOCK
- INSECT REPELLENT
- WATER SHOES
- RAIN PONCHO OR RAINCOAT
- CHANGE OF CLOTHING