The Irazu Volcano (Volcán Irazú) is situated in the Cordillera Central just a few kilometers from Cartago, and it is a relatively short and pleasant drive from the Capital city of San Jose.
The trip begins by ascending the breathtaking summit of the Irazu Volcano, passing all types and forms of vegetation, from coffee plantations, to ferns, depending on the elevation. The trip leads up to a spectacular view of the massive crater which is home to a lagoon with a mystical green hue surrounded by jagged rocks.
It should be mentioned, that on a clear day you can actually see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!
After an exciting tour of the volcano, we will descend to the historical city of Cartago. We will stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica – a famous peregrination site for many believers, some of which travel for days or even weeks on foot, in a pilgrimage of faith, to the site. The Basilica has large vaulted ceilings and exquisite examples of stained glass windows, a rich displays of carvings, statues and other pieces of art.
- BILINGUAL GUIDE (ENGLISH/SPANISH)
- ENTRANCE FEE TO IRAZU VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK
* Children (3 – 10 years old): 25% off discount
Children 0-2 years old pay US$14.00 car seat charge fee
Cancellation Policy for one-day tours
- Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied
- 90% refund if cancelation is made 48 hours or more prior to the service (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- No refunds for No shows.
What to bring
- LIGHT JACKET OR SWEATSHIRT
- WALKING SHOES